- O.J. Simpson case.
Represented Detective Mark Fuhrman in action against tabloids and others for defamation; represented Fred Goldman in action against O.J. Simpson for wrongful death of Ron Goldman.
- Represented recording artists Hall & Oates in breach of contract/fraud dispute against a TV station.
- Successfully litigated and settled several cases involving Nissan Skyline GTR vehicles featured in film “Fast and Furious II.”
- Represented French fashion retailer against enormous multi-national European corporation over $850.00 breach of contract claim, resulting in mid-6 figure settlement in Federal court; court file ordered sealed upon payment to client, as no one had ever gotten jurisdiction over this corporation in the U.S. before.
- Handled Trust of deceased widow of famous World War II bandleader involving former trust attorney fraud, disputes between siblings and locating many assets.
- Served as Real Estate expert witness for former soap opera star in dissolution of assets trial proceedings in Hawaii.
- Successfully negotiated high six figure settlement for former internet e-commerce gambling and erotic content websites president who was illegally locked out by co-owners.
- Successfully foreclosed on UCC-1s upon default of debtors.
- Successfully represented a prominent Hollywood Hills couple against neighbor for intentional infliction of emotional distress (with no medical evidence of damages). Jury verdict for $500,000.
- Represented Universal Studios in numerous tape piracy and copyright infringement cases.
- Fourteen years of litigation for same client regarding educational software dispute. Successfully brought to settlement in 2014.
- Successfully defended class action by four former students against healthcare tech school.
- Successfully settled dispute over rights to well-known hardware store in Pacific Palisades by warring family members.
- Handled Trust of Latino family with claims of asset mismanagement, criminal actions by beneficiary sibling, and failure to protect minor’s rights. Reached full settlement.
- Suit by Asian couple against Israeli contractors for fraud. Jury Verdict 11/25/09 for $900,000; settlement offer $30,000.
NASD & FINRA AWARDS AS ARBITRATOR
|Case ID||Case Name||Close Date|
|07-02952||Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC. v. Thomas K. Vance||12/06/2007|
|07-00804||Scottrade, Inc. v. Andy Nguyen||11/02/2007|
|06-02513||Scottrade, Inc. v. Jeong Hoon Kang||01/31/2007|
|04-06771||Steven Mattes v. Morgan Stanley Dean Witter n/k/a Morgan Stanley DW Inc. and Alan Mann||01/17/2006|
|02-03721||Craig Reager v. First Union Securities, Inc. nka Wachovia Securities, Inc. & Jeffrey Bouchard||10/08/2004|
|00-01530||Peter Esterka and North American Pastoral Center for Czech Catholics v. Barron Chase, Inc., Robert DiCarlo, et al.||05/01/2001|
|99-02804||Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. v. Marjorie Silverstein||04/03/2000|
|94-03470||Constance R. Sisler, Zita Pena and Henry I. Bushkin v. American National Securities, Inc. and Jerome Schneider||03/08/2000|
|97-05192||Alice F. Shaw vs. Wayne S. Ross||09/17/1998|
|97-05409||Edward C. Brumleu Jr. vs. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.||09/09/1998|
|97-04260||Leonard Maggio Sr. vs. The Boston Group||04/22/1998|
|97-04566||Product Promotions, Inc. Defined Benefit Pension Plan v. Miller & Schroeder Financial, Inc. and Richard Grace||03/17/1998|
|97-04071||Ashok Abhat and Priti Abhat vs. Merrill Lynch, Paul R. Cygal George Arakelian and Kurtis Moss||02/03/1998|
|97-02516||Ray Pellegrino Trust vs. Robert Thomas Securities, Inc. and Frank Blazey||01/13/1998|
|96-05509||Jerrold Grecu vs. John Yoshitake, Diane Song, and Cecilia Corral||01/12/1998|
|96-03494||Gertraude K. Nye vs. First Southwest Company v. Lawrence R. Malin||07/21/1997|
|95-04676||Gregg Heschong vs. Smith Barney and Barry Garapedian||02/11/1997|
|96-00884||Thomas S. Babcock vs. Bear Stearns Securities Corp. and Duncan Gillan||10/08/1996|
|93-02197||Joan Plassmeyer v. Chatfield Dean & Co. and Brent Hurt||07/27/1995|
|94-01575||Sallie E. Martin v. Robert Scott Securities, Inc. and Margaret Peggy Boland||05/11/1995|
|94-00968||Yeh-Hua Peter Chuan vs. Kennedy Cabot||04/20/1995|
|93-05086||Irene Butler Lozano vs. Matt C. Moniak||07/25/1994|
|93-01552||Wayne DeFontes v. Olde Discount Corp. and Brandon Brooks||06/09/1994|
|92-01151||Leo Rovin, Ind. and as Trustee v. Shearon Lehman Brothers, Inc. and Gregory Thompson||07/07/1993|
|92-03903||The Reuel Family Trust v. RSR Capital Group, Inc.||06/28/1993|
|92-00678||Peter R. & Carol L. Bonano vs. Arthur Hanks and Ted Kersh||02/22/1993|
|91-00068||James L. & Dorothy L. Sparkman, JTWROS vs. Shearson Lehman Hutton, Inc.||07/24/1992|
|91-00970||Yo Sung Kim, Bong Hee Chun & Bong Sook Chun vs. Gulf Pacific Securities, Inc. and Broadcort Capital Corp.||05/27/1992|
|90-01245||Kim Eileen Gilbert vs. Wedbush Morgan Securities, Inc., Gliksman Securities Corp., Rose M. Shannon et al.||07/15/1991|
|89-00725||Tom J. & Brigitte A. Harper vs. Wedbush Securities, Inc.||01/24/1990|
|88-02167||John H. and Arline Dawn Peck vs. Bateman Eichler Hill Richards, Inc.||12/13/1989|
|87-01905||Stephen M Chu v. Kennedy Cabot And Co., Inc.||10/12/1989|